WATER HEATER Repair AND REPLACEMENT EXPERTS in Boise, ID
As the highest-rated plumbing company in Boise, Idaho and the Treasure Valley area, we understand the importance of a well-functioning water heater in your home or business. Whether it's for a hot shower, cleaning dishes, or running a load of laundry, the need for hot water is a daily requirement. That's why we offer comprehensive water heater services, including repairs, installation, and replacement.
Water Heater Repairs
Is your water heater not performing as it should? Are you noticing inconsistent water temperatures or a complete lack of hot water? These are signs that your water heater may need professional attention. Our team of licensed and experienced plumbers is equipped to handle all types of water heater repairs. From minor issues like faulty thermostats to more significant problems like a leaking tank, we have the skills and tools to get your water heater back in optimal condition.
Water Heater Installation
Whether you're building a new home or replacing an old, inefficient unit, we offer professional water heater installation services. Our team will help you choose the right water heater for your needs, considering factors like the size of your home, your hot water usage, and your budget. We install all types of water heaters, including traditional tank units and energy-efficient tankless models.
The Replacement Process
When it comes to selecting a new water heater, there are several factors to consider:
- Size: The size of the water heater should match your household's hot water usage. A unit that's too small won't provide enough hot water, while a unit that's too large will waste energy.
- Energy Efficiency: Energy-efficient models may cost more upfront, but they can save you money in the long run through lower energy bills.
- Type: Water heaters come in different types, including tankless, traditional tank, and heat pump models. Each has its pros and cons, and the best choice depends on your specific needs and circumstances.
Water Heater Replacement
Even the best-maintained water heaters won't last forever. Most units have a lifespan of 10-15 years. If your water heater is nearing this age or is frequently breaking down, it may be time for a replacement. Our team can assess your current unit and provide a professional recommendation on whether repair or replacement is the best course of action.
Choosing the Right Water Heater
Replacing a water heater involves several steps:
- Removal of the Old Unit: Our team will safely disconnect and remove your old water heater.
- Installation of the New Unit: We'll install the new unit, ensuring it's properly connected to your home's plumbing and electrical systems.
- Testing: We'll test the new water heater to make sure it's working correctly and efficiently.
Tankless Water Heater Systems
What is a Tankless Water Heater?
A tankless water heater, also known as an on-demand water heater, heats water directly without the need for a storage tank. When a hot water tap is turned on, cold water travels through a pipe into the unit where it's heated by an electric element or gas burner. This means you have a constant supply of hot water whenever you need it.
The Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
Upgrading to a tankless water heater comes with several advantages:
- Endless Hot Water: Since water is heated on demand, you can enjoy a continuous supply of hot water, perfect for long showers or filling a large bathtub.
- Energy Efficiency: Tankless water heaters are more energy-efficient than traditional models because they only heat water when it's needed, reducing energy consumption and saving you money on your utility bills.
- Space Saving: With their compact size, tankless water heaters take up less space, providing more flexibility in installation locations.
- Longer Lifespan: Tankless water heaters typically last longer than traditional tank models, often up to 20 years or more with proper maintenance.
Factors to Consider When Upgrading to a Tankless Water Heater
When upgrading to a tankless water heater, there are several factors to consider:
- Hot Water Demand: We'll need to determine your peak hot water demand to choose a unit that can meet your needs. This is typically calculated based on the number of bathrooms and appliances that use hot water in your home.
- Energy Source: Tankless water heaters can be powered by electricity, natural gas, or propane. The best choice depends on what's available and cost-effective in your area.
- Installation Location: While tankless units are smaller, they have specific venting and installation requirements that need to be considered.
Water Heater Issues FAQs
Some common signs that your water heater may need repair include inconsistent water temperature, no hot water, rust-colored water, unusual noises from the tank, and leaks around the water heater.
Need Water Heater Repair, Install, or Replacement in the Boise Area?
Five Star Service Pros is your best choice for trenchless sewer and water line repairs in and around Boise, Idaho. Our team is available 24/7 to get your water flowing. If you have an issue that’s serious enough to warrant digging a trench, don’t wait another second before calling Five Star Service Pros. Call us now at 208-260-1765 or fill out the online form to get our master plumbers on the job.
call our 24 hour
emergency plumbing hotline
Five Star Service Pros is committed to servicing your plumbing, sewer, flood, and drain cleaning needs in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Contact us today to set up your free quote!